* Equal numbers on teams (one team may have 1 more player)
* ONE goalie
* Be HONEST
* Be Fair
*Remember there is no “I” in team
****ROCK, PAPER, SCISSORS for disagreements
To Start Play:
* CLEARLY agree on boundaries/sidelines
* Ball is in play when it moves forward
* Opponents must be 10 steps away from the ball on their side during kick off
* The goalie is the ONLY person that may use their hands
* All players must stay 5 steps away from the goalie at ALL TIMES
* If the goalie has the ball, all other players must be 10 steps away while the goalie punts the ball or throws the ball. This includes goal kicks.
* Occurs when a player commits a foul
* Direct free kick towards the goal. ONLY the goalie can block this kick.
* Awarded to defending team when the ball crosses the defending team’s goal line and was last touched by the offensive team.
* Occurs after the defending team kicks the ball over the goal line. The offensive team gets to kick the ball into play from the corner.
* NO sliding
* NO pushing
* NO hands
* Being too close to the goalie.
BE MINDFUL… at school there are not shin guards!
The player who serves first is chosen by playing rock paper scissors. After the first games teh winner serves first. One player stands on each side of the court. The server starts the game by hitting the ball with one hand or fist in the direction he/she choses. (throw the ball up and hit it, or hit it out of the hand.) A player may NOT strike the ball until it has gone by each player one time following the serve. As the ball travels, each player tries to hit the ball in an effort to wind the rope and ball completely around the pole above the foul line, and in the direction of his/her play. (The rope must be above the red, it is okay if the ball is on the line. ) If the ball hits the pole, continue playing. During the game each player must stay in their own playing zone. A player may win only three consecutive games before moving to the end of the waiting line. A game may also be won if your opponent creates a foul.
THE FOLLOWING ARE FOULS:
OFFICIATING GUIDELINES: Player in the game should make the call. If they disagree, the players waiting in line are the referees and make the decision. If no decision can be agreed upon, a replay is done. If there is still a disagreement play rock, paper, scissors ONE TIME ONLY!!